Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rollin' and Teeth


Jovie just turned five months old, and is unveiling all sorts of milestones to prove it! She just gave us her first roll from back to front, her first tooth just broke last night, and she's sitting at the dinner table with us eating rice cereal (more pictures of that to follow). In addition, I think it's safe to say she's sleeping through the night. It's been a pretty consistent couple of weeks that she wakes up to eat at around 6am. It's been such a blessing! Other than suffering from a little cold, she's just as happy as can be.

Now Jack's turn. Jack just finished his first year of preschool! He's learned so much and we've been so happy with where he was at, and we are very excited for him to go back next year. He learned so much about playing with others, sharing, manners, bible stories, letter and number recognition, and the list goes on! Thanks Danielle for your unyielding patience with Jack and all the rest of the kids! We're so looking forward to next year. Other things that Jack is into right now are...Legos, Lego video games, his truck, his bike, watering the lawn with his dad, and playing with his baby sister.

The school year is almost coming to an end for me. I have a week and 3 days left of school, although some of that time is going be spent in California for my mom's surgery and recovery next week/weekend. Surgery is on Friday, June 12th to remove some of the cancer before treatment. We pray that the surgery is a success and that she can go home and start recovering like a champ! We really feel like this opportunity to go down to USC is a ray of hope from God, so just join us in prayer for everything to go smoothly.

That's all for now. It's been ages since I posted anything, I know, and I know I still need to post more pictures. I'll try to get that done in the next couple days.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

It so great to see those adorable pictures of Jovie! Ahhh, sleeping through the night, that's my favorite milestone! I will be praying for all you guys this next week and for your mom's recovery from surgery. Hopefully I will be able to see you while I am up there. Can't wait!

Brian and Staci said...

We are praying for all your guys and hope that you all have the strength to keep your heads up. Jovie is truly such a doll!

Fuccillo Family said...

We are rolling now too! Can't wait till we can roll together!!! Still praying!