Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shots all around, and then some


On Friday Rob and I took both of the kids into the doctor for checkups and shots. Jack got "pokes" and was not very happy about it, but it paid off because he got treats. He had his official 4 year well child exam, and is doing really great. He weighs almost 45 pounds, and is 41 and a quarter inches tall (still on the high end of the growth charts, although leveling off a little bit from previous years). Jovie weighs 21 pounds 15 ounces, but hers wasn't a well child exam. Her appointment was a follow up from her UTI, and the doctor ordered a VCUG ultrasound to check her kidneys. That means another little catheter procedure, and since her doctor really doesn't want to sedate her, she gets to be awake to feel the whole thing:( I'm not very happy about that part, but I guess doctor knows best. We of course pray that all is well inside her little body. The procedure is on October 12th.

I took this random picture tonight, and Jack thought it was really "nice" that Jovie was patting him on the back.

3 comments:

Fuccillo Family said...

that is really "nice" of jovie! :)

Brian and Staci said...

that made me giggle! Hope all is well on the 12th, we will be thinking and praying for you guys!

The Price Family said...

Keep me updated on the appointment, poor little Jovie. I can't believe how old she looks in these pictures, I love the picture of them together, very cute. They look so much more a like these days too.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend :)