Saturday, March 10, 2012

Attitude Check

I realize this is simply a picture of oatmeal, oj, and coffee...but to me it's a symbol of so much more. My head has been gray and cloudy lately. I've felt gloomy, unfocused, and a little bit unhappy. I know most of it has revolved around these last couple of months of trying to juggle work and family while battling constant nausea and exhaustion. In the battle of Joelle vs. the World, it's Joelle 0 and the World about 10...at least. Today feels different though. At almost 15 weeks along in this pregnancy, I feel like I have a little bit of energy, hence the fruit & oatmeal :-).
The daffodils also help a little too! Nothing says Spring is right around the corner like a bouquet of these beauties. What a thoughtful gift from my former coworkers at MV. I love the changing of the seasons, and hope I can accompany it with a change in attitude!

3 comments:

The Price Family said...

Glad we have each other to help keep things in perspective! I do see some bright days ahead for us, that is forsure! You have handled these not so great days like a trooper, and I am so glad that you are feeling better, spring break will be here before we know it!

Brian and Staci said...

Nothing like a long winter of grey skies....thats enough to make any one cranky and then add sickness, kids, work, and life on top and yeah! So keep your chin up spring has sprung!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! Can't wait to catch up, you summarized my mood perfectly... I've been shamefully hiding it, because I feel like I should be filled with joy at the news of my little bun in the oven. Sad that you've been battling the blues, but glad I'm not alone :) can't wait for us and our bellies to get together soon. Mwah!