Thursday, June 7, 2012

Semiahmoo Field Trip

The first graders at BVE got to go on a tide pool field trip out to Semiahmoo earlier this week! I was able to join him out there and we had a great time. It was a little miserable at first...windy and rainy, but we persevered and it was worth it! It turned out to be a beautiful day and I think because of the mild weather, the sea creatures were out in full force! I can't believe all the things we saw. I took lots of pictures, but just wanted to share these of Jack. He had lots of fun and enjoyed his mom's company. I don't get to do many things at school with him because of my work schedule, but I just had to make this work and am so glad I did!
Anthony (Jack's buddy) and Jack. I was in charge of these two throughout the day.  Two very sweet boys. They treated the creatures so gently and with so much respect. They were quite the rule followers too...several times they reminded some of their classmates that they needed to put the creatures back in the water.

This one was pretty slimy and suctiony!

Can you believe this sucker? This one was hard as a rock and quite pokey! I'd hate to step on it!
After tomorrow we just have a week and a day left of school! Jack and I each have our last day on Monday the 18th. We're so excited! I can't wait for summer break. I look forward to it every year, but this year it has a new meaning. As I'm already into the last 12 weeks of my pregnancy, I'm so ready for a break from my busy and physically demanding work day. What's even better is that I've been approved for a year's leave, and won't be back in my classroom until the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year! I still can't quite believe that...I don't think I've ever not worked a year in my teenage or adult life! Well...to be honest I won't not be working. I'm hoping to do some cleaning and things come wintertime to make some extra money...anyone need a housecleaner?

1 comment:

Brian and Staci said...

That star fish is insanely HUGE....so awesome! You can come clean my house! :)