Sunday, January 3, 2010

Birthday Girl

Jovie is 1! The VanDiest Clan gathered this evening to celebrate Jovie's first birthday. We had a low-key party with dinner, presents, and cupcakes. We had "snow on the mountain" for dinner (hard to explain, so if you're curious then you can email me) and cherry cupcakes topped with white chocolate snowflakes. 

Below-the present opening crew.

Jovie inspects, and then dives in :)











Cookin up some trouble with cousin Finnley!

Earlier that day...Chef and Sous Chef



It is so hard for me to believe that the baby is 1! I know people say this all the time, but where does the time go?

6 comments:

Natasha said...

I can't believe she's one! The cupcakes are adorable!

Fuccillo Family said...

yea!!! happy birthday jovie! i love how careful she looks like she's being with the cupcake :). so girlie! and the last picture.... doesn't get much cuter than that!

The Price Family said...

So cute! And you know me I would love to know what recipe you used with your chicken :) That kitchen set is so cool! Girls bringing in more toys, although I think my boys would love that set too!

Brian and Staci said...

Cutest cupcakes ever! Love them! Happy Birthday, can't believe she is a year old!

michele said...

She is soo cute!! Where did you get that cute kitchen set? Hazel needs a girly kitchen some day!

Lindsey said...

WoW!I can not believe how time flies!!! Seems like yesterday we were bugging you for hints on her name! ;-) Those cupcakes are so cute!