Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cardinals and Name Pancakes




What a day! The Arizona Cardinals have officially advanced through the first week of the playoffs with an overtime victory against the Packers. We are relieved and celebrating at the Day household tonight. What a game it was...anyone who was watching knows. Here are the Cardinal's fans above.


Jack and Jovie received a "Kids in the Kitchen" cookbook from their Grandma Day, and we just tried out one of the recipes. Jack and I make pancakes on a regular basis, but this recipe was for name pancakes. To top it off, the name that is featured in the picture beside the recipe is "Jack" so Jack wanted to make it EXACTLY like the one in the book. He even went as far as saying that the syrup had to be placed exactly where it was in the picture! I wonder where he gets these obsessive compulsions from? :)
Anyway, we had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

That is sooooo awesome! I am jealous! Tell Jack next time I come over I want name pancakes!

Natasha said...

Those pancakes are awesome. You'll have to let me know how you did it. I was thinking of you guys while watching the game today. Reese was annoyed with the outcome and I told him, "The Day's are celebrating right now" :)

Lindsey said...

I agree with everyone else those are awesome pancakes!! Glad to hear that your team is doing great!! Terrible sports following around here didn't even know football was still going on!;-(

Cris said...

Pancake letters - maybe you should homeschool... =)