Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Love My Village

You know that saying..."It takes a village to raise a child" well, I have been thinking for the past few days about how lucky I am to be a part of the "village" I belong to. I love my village. My community, my family, my friends. I am so lucky. Today I had to stay home from work in order to prep for another x-ray this afternoon...I won't give details. So far today I've had about 6 people call or email just to say hi and check in. I have Lisa watching Jovie so I can go to my appointment. Julie P. brought me dinner so that I wouldn't have to worry about that tonight. I've got Lindsey watching the kids tomorrow while I'm at work. I've got my cousin Sarah watching them tomorrow night so Rob and I can have a fun time at my Aunt Chris' 50th birthday party. I've got Julie P. watching them Saturday so I can go to a brunch for my Aunt Chris. What would I do without all these wonderful people? The list I just gave doesn't even come close to covering the helpful arsenal of people who do so much for us. Aunt Joan, Stacy, Anya....the list goes on and on! I sit here with tears streaming down my face because I'm so sad that my Mom doesn't get to be in on this, but also because I'm SO THANKFUL for these wonderful people who mean so much to me. What did I do to deserve such blessings in my life? I feel so humble.

Even though there's nothing I'd rather do that be at home with my children and give them every ounce of my time, life happens and sometimes we've got 8 things going on at once. That's how this weekend is and again, without help I don't know what I'd do. I'd have to say no to all these wonderful things I want to be a part of. I love my village.

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

I feel so lucky to be in "your village," your friendship means the world to me. I wish so much that your mom was here all the time, and no one in your village will replace her, but we all certainly love you and care about you so much! I am so blessed to have you as a wonderful friend and don't forget all the times I have called the "Day Market" next door for a favor or two or three!

Rhonda said...

I also feel privileged to be in "your village." You are a beautiful person and I am blessed to be family. You know I love and care for you so much. I am always here if you need me. Auntie Rhonda