Friday, March 25, 2011

March Happenings

We've really been soaking up the sun that has been surprisingly given to us this past week. What a blessing and signal that Spring is officially here! Even though I know there are still lots of gray, rainy days ahead, this week was just what I needed to lift my spirits.

Last weekend we had such a nice evening out just us four. We took the kids out to dinner and went and saw Rango...hilarious!!! Everyone needs to see this movie. Such a funny, sweet message about finding oneself. Also it marked a milestone in our life since Jovie has joined our family...we went an entire evening (dinner at a restaurant and the movie theater) without a single meltdown from the sweet pea. LEGEN...wait for it...DARY!!!

Rob's birthday was on Tuesday, so on Sunday his parents came up for the day to visit and wish him a happy birthday. He got the coolest bonsai tree and kit/book to plant it, and what perfect weather to spend some time outdoors to put it all together. It was serious business. The kids and I pretty much just played while Rob and Cathy dissected the tree and replanted it in a pot, and finally the kids got to come around to put the finishing touches on the top (place the rocks that is). It's pretty cool. Rob even saved his Buddha from college and placed it in the pot.

Believe it or not, she's smiling. I know it looks like she's in pain...this is the new look she gives the camera.

Bright Sun!!


Zilla. Such a beautiful dog. 


Just like any weekend, our fun came and went too quickly, but we still had a nice modest celebration for Rob on his actual birthday, March 22nd. I didn't get any pictures, but I got him a yard cart (glorified wheel barrow) and Jack got him a video game which they are diligently trying to beat as we speak. I'm so excited for longer days, sweeter smells (which often means manure in my town), and a countdown to summer vacation!

3 comments:

michele said...

Your dinner and movie night sounds nice and hurrah for no meltdowns!! I like Jovie's camera face. :)
Looks like you have been enjoying the sunshine. We have too, man, I didn't realize I needed it so much. I feel energized again. :)

Home with the Hodgins' said...

I was laughing out loud only because I was blogging tonight too (after you suggested a glass of wine) and I almost chose the same layout as you. It reminded me of mom. Anyways, thanks for the update. We were so happy to spend Rob's birthday night with him (and you) and hope he enjoyed it too. Hope to see you guys again soon! Love you!

Brian and Staci said...

Dang, I love the manure smell too! :) Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to see you!