Saturday, September 3, 2011

1st Grader

This past week was a huge week for all of us. First and foremost, Jack started 1st grade! He was very excited and took to the new routine like a champ. When I picked him up after the first day he said it was the "Best day ever!" On the second day when I asked him he said "It was great!" On the third day he said, "Why do you keep asking me that? Every day I go to school is going to be a great day!" We'll see how long that lasts...hopefully until the end of the year!

It was a big week for me too. Even though I've been working for weeks in my new classroom at NVHS, my first day with students was Wednesday. I was so nervous and anxious. I hardly slept...thinking about every detail and everything I wanted to say. Wednesday was a blur, Thursday was a little more memorable, and finally Friday I felt like I accomplished something. My students are great, and I'm so excited to be a part of the Nooksack community. The staff is so wonderful and supportive.

Jovie had to begin a new routine too. Prior to me getting the job at Nooksack, we had no idea what we were going to do about childcare for her. Our wonderful nanny from last year took a different job (one that she could have year-round), so we were back to square one. Little did I know that I wouldn't have to do any looking or figuring at all. God's hand were at work orchestrating a schedule that I couldn't have dreamed up. My friend Brooke (who also works at NVHS) was looking for someone to do a nanny share with, so there you have it. Problem solved. I was a little nervous about how Jovie would handle going somewhere she had never been, playing with kids she had never played with, but so far so good.

September and October will continue to really busy and fun-filled for us, and since fall is tied with spring as my favorite time of year, I'm so excited for lots of family fun and excitement! Stay tuned :-)

4 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

First grade! Wow! Time flies! Lookin' good jack!!

michele said...

First grade!! That is exciting! And your nanny/childcare situation sounds really good! Fall is such a beautiful time and it feels good to get back to schedules and routines (even if summer did FLY by!)

lisakay said...

I'm so glad everything has come together so perfectly. It sure is all God's work. And your willingness to follow of course! You look great in that picture with Jack!! All your hard work is sure paying off :)

sarah fuccillo photography said...

WOW! you are blonde! and beautiful! :)

love ya and miss ya!