Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spokane, Wenatchee, Friends

I could post these all separate, but come on, let's be honest. That would take me over a month!

To continue on with my "October Trips" here is Part II...

A fun-filled family trip to Spokane. Rob had a Seminar there, so we all packed up one Friday afternoon and headed out. We got to the Davenport hotel at 1:00am Saturday morning, but it was well worth it! The kids and I just laid around the hotel room and swam while Rob had his seminar at the WSU Spokane extension. Then later when he got done we hit up River Park Square for some awesome shopping and PF Chang's for a yummy dinner. The only pictures I got the whole weekend...the kids outside of PF Chang's enamored with the huge horse statue. I love downtown Spokane. So laid back, people are friendly...nothing like Seattle! Rob and I miss it from our college years. We'll definitely be going back to the Davenport again soon.
On the way home from Spokane, Rob and the kids dropped me off in Wenatchee for my annual Washington Association of Family and Consumer Science Educators conference. In other words, I get to take two days off of work, stay in a hotel, and catch up with all my awesome teacher friends. It's always a great time. No pictures.

I got home from my conference Tuesday evening, and began preparations for our friends Jason, Sydney, and their baby Tate to come visit. To say we had the most wonderful time with our dear friends would be an understatement. Words cannot describe how happy my heart and soul is after a weekend visit with them. We packed in all sorts of fun and tradition. Sushi, games, a Halloween horror film, and lots of great conversation and playing with the kids.






What a month! It was so nice to reward ourselves for our hard work. Even though October seemed crazy at times between work, school, flag football, weekend trips, friends, pumpkins, halloween...and the list goes on...it was such a fun month for us!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

What a fun month you had. And by the way....you are looking gorgeous! I love the hair! Can't wait to see you in a couple months.

lisakay said...

How fun! You and Sidney look beautiful!

The Van Prices said...

Joelle you look fabulous!! Holy cow... Seriously! I want your tricks! Your October sounds like a blast.

Brian and Staci said...

Oh man. Wish I could have seen you while you were in WENATCHEE! :( boo hoo! miss ya!

Unknown said...

I didn't recall the last picture of the two of us, it's pretty cute. They all are. I hope someday we are 50, still look'n hot and sporting matching pj's sitting on your harth ;)