Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Eve

This year our Christmas break took on a totally new meaning. With Rob's last day at Semiahmoo, and my last day of school before break both being the 16th of December, we had lots of time to spend together during the holidays. It was so nice to have his help for the preparation of Christmas...wrapping, last minute shopping, preparing food, packing up for parties.

Christmas Eve is always spent with my side of the family. This year marked the 2nd Christmas we spent without my mom. She is greatly missed during our Christmas celebrations, but at the same time she is greatly missed every day. I constantly need to remind myself of where she is and what she got to celebrate this Christmas. What a glorious sight Christmas in Heaven must be!
I LOVE this picture! How sweet these two are together (most of the time) and this picture really shows it.

Later that night we set out cookies and milk for Santa...always a big to-do at our house.
Jovie couldn't take her eyes off the cookies for 5 seconds to take a picture!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that wasn't the cute outfit you put together for Jovie... Did Rob allow you to get her a Christmas dress anyway? I can imagine these times without your Mom and sharp reminders of her loss. What a beautiful legacy and warm traditions she left behind for her family to enjoy for years to come.