Monday, August 31, 2009

Jam and Work



So, a few years back when Rob and I were living with his parents in Brier, my friend Sarah came over to help me make jam. It started a tradition that I now do with the two girls that I graduated in Family and Consumer Sciences with at WSU. Last year Sarah and Staci made the trek up to Lynden to see our new house and make jam. We made lots of it and had tons of fun! This year we planned to do it again, but circumstances were a little different. Sarah couldn't make it because of Justus' recent surgeries, so just Staci came. I woke up with one of the worst migraines I've ever had on jam day (throwing up...the works), but that didn't stop Staci. She somehow managed to take care of both of my kids in the morning until Lisa could come and pick up Jovie. Then she occupied Jack while making 6 batches of jam. It wasn't a very easy task, and she did badly burn her thumb, but it definitely wasn't anything she couldn't handle. Thanks Staci for everything you did for us, and I'm sorry I wasn't a better hostess. Sarah, you were greatly missed, but we're confident you'll be here next year! I'm already looking forward to Jam Fest 2010. Love you girls!

On a different note, today was my first day back to work. Students don't actually start school until Thursday, but it's back into full swing for us. I'm quite sad about being away from the kids again, but they are in good hands and it sure makes me thankful for every second I have with them.

3 comments:

The Price Family said...

Oh yummy now I know where to go to get a jar of some good home made jam!!! :)
Good luck with going back to work!

sarah fuccillo photography said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I can taste just looking at the picture! Thanks for providing all the berries, and thanks Staci for all the work! Can't wait till Jam Fest 2010!

Brian and Staci said...

Well it is a good thing you have two easy well behaved kiddos! :) and I can't wait till next year as well! Hopefully we can all be in attendance!