Friday, December 7, 2012

Tis the Season & Recap


I feel like I have so much to catch up on before I can just resume normal "blog" activity! So, if you're in a reading mood, you can proceed to just below the Christmas picture. If you're not, well then Merry Christmas from the Day's!
A little sneak peak at our Christmas card.

Summer Months: What a summer we had! I spent the entire summer being pretty incredibly uncomfortable in the last weeks of my pregnancy, and Rob was 100% devoted to studying for the CPA exams, but that didn't stop us from trying to make the most of it and squeezing in some fun. The fun was just a little different this year. Staying close to home and doing things that didn't involve much walking around in the hot, hot weather since I had to wear full length compression stockings every day the entire summer! 

Our 1st annual Day/Jordan Family Camping Trip. Sydney and I are both just about to pop! I had only a couple weeks left, and she had her baby 3 weeks after I did. What a sight we are! We had the best vacation...aside from a little discomfort. We had the nicest double site at Deception Pass State Park, and because of it's marine location and being tucked into the woods, it was so pleasantly cool while the rest of the Westside experienced some of its hottest days the entire summer! I was so glad to miss that! The kids had such a blast just hanging around the campsite and playing down at the beach, and Jack got to celebrate his 7th birthday there too.


Fun at the beach!

Ventured into town to eat dinner. Jovie got to hang her coloring on the wall at the restaurant!



More fun at the beach!

Birthday hot cocoa!

Last day at the beach. The kids loved playing in the water even though it was freezing!

Happy Birthday Brother!
 We took a year off from the fair, and our kids so graciously accepted our offer of going up to the mountain instead. Such good kiddos! The idea was to get out of the heat, but it was just as hot, if not hotter up there. But, the SNOW in AUGUST was such a novelty for everyone. Even Maya!



I love this picture. I was really far away from them because just 2 weeks before baby arrived, I was moving really slow! This picture will always remind me of those last moments of pregnancy where things just aren't quite working right.



One last hurrah before Baby Jasper came to join us...a Mariner's Game! Not just any game though...we got to attend the game that honored Felix Hernandez for the perfect game he had recently pitched. We bought cheap tickets, but had so much fun! They were giving away t-shirts and "K" cards at the gate. I almost had to squeeze into a size medium shirt, but Rob saved the day and searched high and low for an XL for me. We went to this game just days before Jasper was born, and people were looking at me with worry thinking I wasn't going to make it thru the game without going into labor! The kids had a blast, it was about the least boring baseball game I'd ever been to. The place was packed and everyone in the bright yellow shirts. The energy was intense and we had so much fun!









And that's pretty much all she wrote for our summer! Behind the scenes was me trying to entertain the kids while getting ready for the arrival of sweet baby Jasper. I had some serious nesting issues with this pregnancy, and spent most of the time indoors trying to keep the house clean and prepared. Thank goodness I had lots of help!

And the perfect end to a memorable summer!

1 comment:

Brian and Staci said...

Jovie's hair is so long! and I love their little outfits by the tree!!